Specifically, I represent parents or children in the following types of cases:
- Accusations of Abuse or Neglect of children
- Care & Protection cases in the juvenile and probate and family courts
- Termination of parental rights in the juvenile and probate and family courts
- Department of Children and Families (DCF, formerly DSS) Investigations (51As) and Fair Hearings
- Fair Hearing appeals in superior court
- Adoption defense and stepparent adoptions
- Guardianships of minors
I have also handled many cases involving elementary and secondary education, such as the following:
- Ensuring that the needs of special education students are met (i.e. 766, IDEA and 504)
- School discipline: Child Requiring Assistance (CRA, formerly CHINS) cases, manifestation hearings, positive behavioral plans, suspensions, exclusions and expulsions
- Home schooling
- Student rights violations
Finally, I offer consultation, advice and training to staff and volunteers of non-profit and other entities which work with children and families in areas involving policies and procedures for risk assessment and reduction.
This includes the following:
- Safe practices planning and implementation
- Mandatory Reporting of injured or neglected children (51As)
- Liability risk reduction
Most importantly, I handle each case PERSONALLY. Unless we agree to refer your case to a colleague with more specific expertise in your particular situation, I am the attorney who will be handling your case. With over a quarter century of experience in these cases, you can be assured of high quality representation and advice. If you have any questions regarding any of these areas, or you have a specific problem, call 781-373-1582 or click this link to send an email.
I offer free, brief telephone or email consultations on new matters, sliding scale fees, a flexible retainer policy and a reduced-cost initial office consultation.
NOW ACCEPTING MAJOR CREDIT CARDS through PayPal.Me/MichaelRichLawOffice and squareup.com.
Call the office for instructions on how to arrange payment by credit card.